Translation, editing and post-editing
• Translation for publishers, proofreading and style editing: collaboration with different publishers and foundations..
• Marketing and general translation: internal corporate communication, human resources, websites, advertising campaigns, fashion, sport, tourism.
• Post-editing: editing of texts that have first been translated using automated translation engines, to correct errors and achieve a text that sounds fluid and natural.
Translators make use of a wide range of tools to facilitate our work and to make life easier for our clients:
• Excellent command of Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe, CAT tools (Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast, OmegaT).
• Trados certification.
I also work closely with a network of reliable professionals, allowing me to manage projects into other languages, while ensuring quality, professionalism and punctuality.
• Organization of GaLenguando
Vigo, 7–8 February 2015
• Organization of seminars for translators
Oviedo, 2014; Vigo, 2017
• Organization of scientific conferences for the University of Vigo
Vigo, 2009 and 2012
• Organization of Open University exams, Barcelona
Teaching of English and Spanish as foreign languages.
• 2003-2004 Postgraduate course in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language, Nebrija University (Madrid, Spain)
• 2001- 2002 MA in Applied Linguistics, University of Sheffield (UK)
• 1996- 2001 BA in English Studies, University of Oviedo (Spain)